[DeTomaso] Used a/c condensor from 5332

Robert W. Garven Jr. robertgarven at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 12 19:50:06 EDT 2015

Nothing a four hour sit down with a toothpick and fin comb would not fix!!!  :-)

On Apr 12, 2015, at 4:23 PM, Stephen <steve at snclocks.com> wrote:

As part of the general clean-up of 5332 I chose to replace the a/c
condenser.  And, being the way I am I hate to throw the old one away.  I
have already cleaned it out of any old a/c oil and tested it under vacuum.
It does not leak, but it does have a lot of dings to the fins on one side.

If anyone wants it, $10 plus shipping and it is yours.

FYI - if any of you go through the effort of replacing your condensers, a
couple of words to the wise.  The unit I bought was not a slip-in fit - it
required cutting the condenser frame on both sides to get it to fit in the
original location.  Doable, perhaps an hour, but not a slip in.  Also, most
important, even though the condenser came with caps on both connections,
when I blew air through the unit I got a lot of water out of it.  Weird.
But, cleaned it out and it is now working on the car!

Stephen Nelson

<a_c Condensor 3.jpg><a_c Condensor 4.jpg>_______________________________________________

DeTomaso at poca.com