[DeTomaso] New Shocks

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 17:10:09 EDT 2015

Julian,

It's a bit more complicated than that. The Carrera/QA1 spacers are machined to index inside the rod ends and are very precise in all dimensions. Overall length, metric ID, and standard OD of the index flange are all critical.

It would take quite some effort to attempt to make these on your own. These are Pantera-specific and sold along with the shocks when you buy them from the vendors. If you buy bare shocks from Summit, you are on your own. I happen to have eight of them left over. The one on the bottom in the middle shows signs of slight brutalization needed to get it to fit in a replacement front lower ballpoint that was ever so slightly thicker than the original one.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

   Julian,

   It's a bit more complicated than that. The Carrera/QA1 spacers are
   machined to index inside the rod ends and are very precise in all
   dimensions. Overall length, metric ID, and standard OD of the index
   flange are all critical.

   image.jpeg

   On Apr 8, 2015, at 13:21, Julian Kift <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com>