[DeTomaso] Fun Rally - NASA - Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue Apr 7 21:13:45 EDT 2015

Fun Rally Attendees*/_
_/*

If you think you may want to visit the NBL on Saturday morning, please
send an e-mail to John Haas, jrhaas60 at gmail.comwith your name and
country of citizenship.  If you are not a US citizen, John must have
your name and country of citizenship by April 16th.  Providing your name
does not commit you to the event should you elect an alternative
activity on that day. However, not providing your information will
exclude you from the opportunity.

The Fun Rally will be in Texas shortly.  We are gearing up to provide
everyone a great time.  We look forward to seeing you here.

JT;-)

Bouyancy LabThe Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory (NBL) is NASA’s astronaut
training facility located at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
The NBL is an engineering marvel. It consists of an indoor pool 202 feet
in length, 102 feet wide, 40 feet deep, and contains 6.2 million gallons
of water.That’s 23.5 million liters for you scientists and Europeans!
The pool is used to train astronauts for spacewalks in upcoming
missions. The NBL contains full-sized mock-ups of the International
Space Station (ISS) modules and payloads including an operational
version of the ISS robotic shuttle arm. After the NBL, we’re off to
Rocket Park. It’s a history of the rockets used in the Space
Program.Lots of horsepower!There we’ll see a Saturn V Rocket, the most
powerful rocket ever built. Its design played a major role in
successfully transporting and landing American astronauts on the moon
during the Apollo missions. Over 360 feet tall and parked on its side
for excellent viewing, this Saturn V is one of only three left in
existence. After lunch, you may return to the Resort or visit the San
Jacinto Monument

*_SPECIAL REQUIREMENT_**:*The names of ALL NBL participants will have to
be submitted to the NASA badging office 30 days in advance to allow for
non-US citizens to attend.  Your name and country of citizenship MUST be
provided to John Haas, jrhaas60 at gmail.com, by April 16, 2015.Even if
you’re unsurewhether you might attend this event, get on the list just
in case.