[DeTomaso] Ready for trip to the dyno.

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Tue Apr 7 18:46:13 EDT 2015

Results are in.  Pretty much right as predicted:  470HP at 6500RPM;
411Ft-lbs at 5300RPM.
383 internally-balanced forged Scat crank.
5.7 in Chevy rods.
10.6:1 CR.
Open chamber 4V iron heads.
Flat tappet Comp Cam PN 32-240-10.
262 duration at 0.050; .640 lift; 110deg lobe separation.
MSD distributor; put the black bushing in to minimize total advance, and the
silver light springs for all in at 2500RPM.
Weiand 7517 single plane intake.
Holley 700CFM double-pumper carb.
74 jets on the primaries; 84 jets on the secondaries; 4.5 power valve.
Reproduction conventional GTS headers (no mufflers)
The dyno had structure right behind the engine, so I had to remove my 180
degree exhaust for the pulls.  Probably lost the 15 extra HP I was expecting
with that small 2.5 inch collector.
The best part really:  not a single issue.  Fired straight away, didn't blow
smoke, no leaks, no blow-by, no noises, smooth as silk, everything was
stable.  Should be a reliable power plant.  Good to know before putting it
in the car.