[DeTomaso] Classic & Sports Car Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 21:56:00 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

The current issue of Classic & Sports Car magazine has a nice one-page
article on Al Gisby and his Pantera.   Al is an Englishman who has lived in
Italy for the past 14-15 years.   He bought a rustbucket (#1925) from a dealer
in New York, that came from a swamp in Florida, with Hawaii history behind
that, and it's being restored by a very old Italian craftsman, as his swan
song.   Al and his wife came to San Francisco last summer and spent a day with
me, Lori and Chuck Melton.   Super guy!

Worth checking out the article...he's an ambitious soul!   And the
restoration is absolutely top-notch.   No hot-rod bling or chrome; just restoring it
to original-ish specification, but with everything better-looking than new.
  Check it out in the registry:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNLS01925/RTHPNLS0
1925.asp

This got me thinking--there was a yellow '71 Pantera in the Hawaii 5-0
episode that is wiped out in the beginning of the show; then the red pushbutton
takes its place.   I wonder if this is that car?