[DeTomaso] DoT 3 vs. DoT 4 for brakes

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Sat Apr 4 21:55:24 EDT 2015

When I buy a car with Dot 3/4 I drain out the fluid, fill the reservoir with 91% isopropyl alcohol, pressure it through the system to clean out the 3/4, then evacuate through each corner with vacuum (the engine makes a great vacuum source).  When dry I refill with Dot 5 and bleed appropriately.  Works like a champ.

Stephen Nelson