[DeTomaso] Waterpumps (and CV Joints)

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Thu Apr 2 20:57:59 EDT 2015

Stephen,

With regard to your CV joints spraying grease around your engine
compartment; there are a couple of solutions (other than RTV). The OEM
application for the CV joints we all use (Porsche 930 Turbo), uses paper
gaskets on both sides of the joint. Any Porsche supplier will have them.
Most OEM applications also have a thin, stamped steel grease cap, that goes
on the outboard side of the CV Joint. This cap isolates the grease, so that
when you unbolt your CV shafts, you can remove them without having a big
greasy mess at each end. I bought my grease caps from GKN, who are the US
distributor for Lobro. The part number for the grease caps is: 215 315 250
00 01 ($4.60 ea.).

Dave