[DeTomaso] NPC - Create a dually with only 2 rear tires instead of 4

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Tue Sep 30 09:56:52 EDT 2014

Being basically cheap I am looking for a way to create the load carry
potential of a dually with your basic one ton truck.  Having had
dually's in the past, I really don't want one to drive around all the
time.  I have a 7.3 diesel F250 Super Duty with 1 ton suspension.
Occasionally I would like to carry a multicar trailer. I am looking at
upgrading my 38' goose neck 2 axle trailer to a 48' 3 axle .  The
addition tongue weight may create a tire problem for the truck.  I run
10 ply 245-75-16 tires on 16 x 6? or 7" wheels. Have never measure the
width of these particular wheels.  The truck has leaf springs with
overloads and an air bag leveling set up.

Wondering if I replace the rear wheels with wider wheels and tires or
possible wider with higher ply tires I could get the dually carrying
capacity?  I cant seem to find heaver ply tires.

Have checked around here and everyone tells me to by a bigger truck.

jerry knotts