[DeTomaso] Valve Lash Adjusting Tool

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 09:03:01 EDT 2014

Charlie,

I can't see how you gain anything with this tool that cannot be equally achieved with a hex and wrench?

Julian

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 14:09:12 +0200
From: charlesmccall at gmail.com
To: detomaso at poca.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] Valve Lash Adjusting Tool

Has anyone used a tool like this to set their valve lash with solid
lifters?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMP-CAMS-3-16-Valve-Lash-adjuster-wrench-tool-5304-full-bore-/361063973727?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item541117035f&vxp=mtr

Can you tighten down the rockers sufficiently using the allen wrench
without tightening the nut that sets lash? Currently, in order to tigthen
the center allen bolt I need to tighten the surrounding nut as well.
Despite having lived with this engine for 14 years now, I've never gotten
the trick of doing this on the first shot and inevitably have to loosen and
tighten several times before I can get the lash to be where I want it.

This tool would allow me to set EXACTLY the desired lash, if just
tightening the allen bolt is sufficient to hold everythingin place...

Thanks!

[1]http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMP-CAMS-3-16-Valve-Lash-adjuster-wrench-tool-5304-f