[DeTomaso] Pantera flywheel and engine balance

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sat Sep 27 23:17:17 EDT 2014

Jerry

I would encourage you to rebalance the assembly with the flywheel that
you intend to use.  If you think about it, should any of the bolt holes
or the 28oz offset be slightly different, you will have an unacceptable
result.  To me, it is analogous to the importance of degreeing a cam.
Different manufacturers have different standards for an acceptable
tolerance and when combining the parts it is necessary to confirm they
all add up properly to provide the intended result.

I've learned the hard way, I once changed out a pressure plate with
terrible results that required removing the ZF.

JT