[DeTomaso] NPC - Prostate problems

L GRAY tipo874a at msn.com
Thu Sep 25 17:21:38 EDT 2014

Sorry to hear this Bill.
Having dealt with this myself in 2008 I know exactly how you feel and all the questions you have.
    Mine too was contained in the prostate and I personally elected for the invasive surgery with no regrets.
  The incontinence is a case by case thing as well as the PED, everybody is different.
     The robotic surgery is the process in vogue now with great success, but being a mechanic my surgeon convinced me to go the other way with his philosophy. He stated: " God gave me a gift with my hands and my eyes as a surgeon. If I can see it and touch it, I can excise/fix it"
    I agreed wholeheartedly!!
  The recovery for my surgery was not too long. The initial pain control was the worst. With the robotic I hear this is much diminished.
    I've had some ongoing issues post surgery like the cancer having spread to other parts. Had to do radiation ( the last straw ) to try and fight the come back...... living 90 days at a time as my "use by date" gets extended and the count stays low.
    Best advise is to be very proactive in seeking advise and opinions from those who have actually had this unfortunate situation and talk to several urologist and form your own consensus. If I can be of ANY help do not hesitate to contact me.
    All my best,
       Leslie A. Gray