[DeTomaso] Cleaning up brake fluid?

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Sep 22 17:27:49 EDT 2014

Mike,

When I bought #1488 it had not run in a while and would not hold brake
pressure. The shuttle valve (or whatever that is called) leaked all over
the front trunk for who knows how long.  I redid all the brake lines and
added a modern adjustable proportioning valve. The trunk carpet was red and
everything ever placed in the front trunk got a red stain on it. No matter
how much I tried to clean the fluid out of the carpet, it never went away.
I pulled the carpet and found no rust, but very of the original paint still
there.  You may have to pull the carpet, clean it, then replace it to do it
right.

Rob