[DeTomaso] Cleaning up brake fluid?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 01:59:39 EDT 2014

Guys,

Just got home from a fantastic day beating on the Pantera at Laguna Seca
with Bob Benson.   My new brakes work terrific (more on that later) but
unfortunately, the contents of my rear brake circuit decanted themselves (either
due to a cracked flare or a loose fitting) all over the inside of my trunk,
soaking the carpet.

Other than mopping up the carpets with paper towels, does anybody have any
ideas as to how I can get rid of the fluid that has soaked the carpet?
Lacking any other guidance, I'm thinking of filling the front trunk with soapy
water and letting it soak; if it doesn't leak out I'd then bail it out and
finish with a shop-vac.

Anybody got a better idea?

Mike (still buzzing over coming over the blind hill, lifting slightly under
the bridge, then burying the throttle again until just before the 3-board
for turn 2 and going from 120+ down to 45 in no time...whee!!!!!!)