[DeTomaso] Stock dipstick needed?

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Wed Sep 17 02:22:47 EDT 2014

The part number is 078 115 611 + some model specific character.

Here's one that looks like the ones I used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Oil-Dipstick-2-8-V6-98-05-Audi-A4-A6-C5-VW-Passat-B5-078-115-611-N-/351168863017?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c34b9b29&vxp=mtr

It appears that there might be two distinctly different types, one with
a flat stick (which is what I have), then one with a round stick, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-05-AUDI-A6-C5-ALLROAD-2-7-ENGINE-OIL-DIP-STICK-/151413490859?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2340f284ab&vxp=mtr

I believe they are cheaper at the dealer than the price for these used
sticks, at least they were surprisingly cheap when I bought them about
12 years ago.

Cheers,
Thomas

Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:	   thomas at hax.se
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 32 31 18
              S - 754 40 Uppsala, Sweden  Mobile:   +46 76 209 8320