[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder

Kenny Hall Kenny.Hall at Servatron.com
Mon Sep 15 16:48:50 EDT 2014

Dang, I forgot to mention, the sleeve is stainless steel.

Kenny

I don't have the specific company names at my fingertips but if you are
interested in my path, I would be happy to dig through receipts tonight.

I was in the same boat as you a bunch of years ago.  My fix was a CNC
master cylinder and a small adapter line to convert from one steel hose
to the other.  That master lasted less than 2 years and pissed me off to
no end the whole time it was on the car.

I kept the old master and found the place in California that re-sleeves
old masters / wheel / slave cylinders for those restorations that just
have to have the original part.  Then I sourced a rebuild kit from a
very popular Alfa Romeo restoration parts company.  Sent the rebuild kit
with the worn out cylinder out with high hopes.  Before the end of the
second week it was back in my possession and on the car.  Works better
than ever!  The sleeve is thick and was final bored to match my rebuild
kit.  Now 1411 has its original under bonnet look back and a lifetime
master cylinder for less than $75 total (prices could have changed).
Unless you are building a race car, I think this is the best method
around.  The sleeve company could also build rare/worn out parts for the
right price.

Good luck no matter which route you take.

Kenny
(BTW: 1411 is now for sale)