[DeTomaso] polish ZF cost estimate

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:16:28 EDT 2014

An unrelated question.  Since I am having a rebuilt engine installed (a 408
stroked Cleveland, SVO A-3 heads, A331 intake, 180 degree ceramic coated
headers, custom built carb . My engine compartment is totally refinished
with painted surfaces (in black) SS. fire wall cover SS bottles and water
pipes. What is the consensus   concerning the engine block paint. Should I
go with standard Ford blue, black to match the engine compartment or some
other color?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>    Maybe air coming up from under the car doesn't hit as much turbulence
>    from the now blingy polished surfaces, so you can go faster :>) That's
>    probably why a polished ZF gets hotter!
>
>    Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 13:51:40 -0700
>    From: b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
>    Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] polish ZF cost estimate
>    To: julian_kift at hotmail.com; mikeldrew at aol.com; cengles at cox.net
>    CC: detomaso at poca.com; michael at michaelshortt.com
>    When you are running at 140/150 at SSCC or BBORR who will know if it is
>    polished?
>
>    Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be
>    ! )
>
>    From: Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
>    To: "MikeLDrew at aol.com" <mikeldrew at aol.com>; Charles Engles
>    <cengles at cox.net>

   An unrelated question. A Since I am having a rebuilt engine installed
   (a 408 stroked Cleveland, SVO A-3 heads, A331 intake, 180 degree
   ceramic coated headers, custom built carb . My engine compartment is
   totally refinished with painted surfaces (in black) SS. fire wall cover
   SS bottles and water pipes. What is the consensus A  concerning the