[DeTomaso] polish ZF cost estimate

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 09:55:39 EDT 2014

Mike,
Do you think that polishing a fully assembled ZF presents  a risk to
damaging the transaxle? You mentioned people polishing a Trans axle while
it was still installed. I have posted warnings against sand blasting and
even wet bead blasting while one has an engine or transaxle installed. I
know from  information passed on to me by my friend who owns a new water
based glass bead blasting business that even with substantial efforts made
to protect the engine or tranny it is very easy to have a  nominal amount
of glass beading find it's way into the engine or transmission and that's
 the death knoll for either.  I wasn't aware of similar risks to the ZF
 due to polishing.

Thanks,
Boyd