[DeTomaso] Inductive amp gauge?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 14:49:21 EDT 2014

It seems like an amp meter is preferred, but I don't like having all that current buried under the dash.  Has anyone made an automotive amp gauge with an inductive sender that can sit over a battery cable.  Sorta like this:

Inductive ammeter

Inductive ammeter
This is an article on using inductive ammeters as an inexpensive diagnostic tool for the electrical systems on Porsche cars.
View on www.stuttgartperform... Preview by Yahoo

This can even be over the large battery cables.

Ken