[DeTomaso] TOYO R888, Hoosier A6, Kumho Ecsta V710 tires

mark skwarek ehpantera at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 13:32:45 EDT 2014

Love my R888's.
Have 245/45/16 & 315/35/17.  90% track days, so I can't comment as to street mileage but 5000K should be easy. Not a rain tire though.

Mark

On Friday, September 12, 2014 1:17 PM, Larry Finch via DeTomaso <detomaso at poca.com> wrote:

   All,
   Anyone have experience with running any of these tires on the street?
   I'm running Pantera East 16" & 17", currently with 245/45x16 and
   335/35x17 Michelin.
   As far as I can tell, street-rated tires in these two sizes from any
   manufacturer's single product line have totally disappeared.
   Cutting back to 225/45x16 and 315/35x17 doesn't seem to offer any joy
   either. Really not open to anything smaller in the rear.
   With spirited driving weekends (no true track days) and numerous road
   journeys, can I expect a set of these "racetrack and autocross only" to
   last 5,000 miles? 10,000 miles?
   Am I missing any manufacturers besides these three, for these sizes?
   Wisdom and guidance appreciated.
   Larry