[DeTomaso] TOYO R888, Hoosier A6, Kumho Ecsta V710 tires

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 13:17:12 EDT 2014

All,

Anyone have experience with running any of these tires on the street?

I'm running Pantera East 16" & 17", currently with 245/45x16 and 335/35x17 Michelin.

As far as I can tell, street-rated tires in these two sizes from any manufacturer's single product line have totally disappeared.

Cutting back to 225/45x16 and 315/35x17 doesn't seem to offer any joy either. Really not open to anything smaller in the rear.

With spirited driving weekends (no true track days) and numerous road journeys, can I expect a set of these "racetrack and autocross only" to last 5,000 miles? 10,000 miles?

Am I missing any manufacturers besides these three, for these sizes?

Wisdom and guidance appreciated.

Larry