[DeTomaso] : Back in the saddle

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Thu Sep 11 02:31:28 EDT 2014

I have the SACO adapters and shafts, but I'm not using their boots or
bolts. The boots they use are too bulky for my taste and sits too close
to the exhaust. The bolts were also fully threaded ARP bolts, and I got
prop bolts from Aircraft Spruce, with the proper unthreaded shank, and
shimmed them to the correct install height, plus safety wired them.

I'm using Aero boots from Pegasus and have had zero issues. Install and
forget, at least so far.

No leaks either, and I believe the problems at least one owner has had
is due to the adapter being open in the rear end, as far as I know. The
SACO adapters are closed. I added some RTV when I installed the boots
and it is all tight. There was more grease and crap flying off the old
shafts.

See attached photos (if they come through).

Cheers,
Thomas