[DeTomaso] CV joints

rcbsons1 at aol.com rcbsons1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 18:13:24 EDT 2014

Not sure I would go with CV joints
seems like you can't turn things when the
car is raised and wheels hanging down otherwise
the boots get torn.. Darryl with monster power
in his Pantera ate a set doing the over the hill
run we do to the coast.. real tight in places, twisty
and off camber.. he thought he tweaked his trans
until he removed the CV joints and parts started
falling apart... I recently replaced my set last year
after running the old ones for over 8 years hard..
they were already old before.. bought a newly rebuilt set
with cad coatings from Tommy Hodges work
fine... I did change the bolts and nuts and seems
like I am not always tighten them after I run the track

my 2 cents- Bob Benson