[DeTomaso] Archival Photos of Pantera Launch

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 11:33:12 EDT 2014

And the list of difference/anomalies grows.  Continue to populate this list with any differences you spot...

No muffler cut-outs in rear lower valence
No emergency window crank access covers in the door panels

Small rear bumper extending the entire width of the car

Height of the dash ends just after the A/C vents which resulted in a much taller console, which has an extra rocker switch in it (windshield switch?)
Shift gate doesn't have any fingers and the slot looks much smaller suggesting a much shorter shifter throw
Shift lever looks taller too.

Taller console resulted in higher kick panels which have speaker holes cut in them
Front bumpers look thinner and/or the parking lights look thinner or are set higher into the bumper (my eyes could be playing tricks on me).

Missing release handle under the left hand side of the dashboard for the front trunk
Heater/vent controls mounted vertically instead of horizontally

Shift gate - it looks like it is some kind of protection to limit you to only 2nd and 3rd gear?
3-slot Campy wheels
Capri steering wheel with the prototype seats