[DeTomaso] NPC: Steampunk reference

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Tue Sep 9 09:57:59 EDT 2014

Dear Forum,

             Here is a Wikipedia description of steampunk.

"Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that typically features
steam-powered machinery,[1] especially in a setting inspired by
industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century. Steampunk
works are often set in an alternative history of the 19th century's
British Victorian era or American "Wild West", in a post-apocalyptic
future during which steam power has regained mainstream use, or in a
fantasy world that similarly employs steam power. Steampunk perhaps most
recognizably features anachronistic technologies or retro-futuristic
inventions as people in the 19th century might have envisioned them, and
is likewise rooted in the era's perspective on fashion, culture,
architectural style, and art. Such technology may include fictional
machines like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne,
or the modern authors Philip Pullman, Scott Westerfeld, Stephen Hunt and
China Miéville. Other examples of steampunk contain alternative
history-style presentations of such technology as lighter-than-air
airships, analog computers, or such digital mechanical computers as
Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine."

             As we and the Panteras age, the anachronistic technologies
is the most pertinent aspect of steampunk to our favorite sports car.

            Back to our regular programming.

                             Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles