[DeTomaso] Rolling Rear Fender Lips

davek detomaso.pantera at verizon.net
Fri Sep 5 15:44:41 EDT 2014

Jack,

In that case you've only ever seen Panteras with rear wheels/tires that are too skinny! ;-)

I consider "giant tires" to have a 16" cross-section and mounted on 15.5" wide wheels. Yes, they can be "made to fit" w/o any external mods/flares. (OK, ignoring little details like these tires are no longer made.) And obviously there are a few "minor" tweaks ;-) under the wheel wells ... including rolling the fender lips

The proof can be found in a picture on the POCA membership brochure (at least that last one I saw) showing a "stock body" non flaired Pantera running at Riverside. That particular car has since been sold to someone in N. Calif, but I have the wheels ... and can confirm they are indeed "giant"!

BTW, there were even wider tires running on GT4/Gp4 Panteras ... "back in the day". So not only "there might be one" , but there might be others ;-)

Dave

FWIW- I've never seen a Pantera that NEEDED the rear fender lips rolled- even running giant tires. There might be one out there someplace, but...
JDeRyke