[DeTomaso] Engine builder / alu block?

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 15:26:52 EDT 2014

If you google "Tod Buttermore aluminum 351c block", you'll get several
hits.

This is a good thread:
http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8250045562/m/6130089184/p/22

Check out the last page.  You want to at least have it finish machined.
Tod is pushing people to Tim Meyer.  I don't know Tim other than he has a
good reputation.  The block from Tod will only be rough machined, which is
pretty normal.  You get the same thing from other block manufacturers,
although I think the Ford block is already finish machined.

I don’t know prices or dates.  You'll need to ask Tim or Tod.
--

At least one block was finished by Barry Robotnik of Survival Motorsports near Detroit. No mistake- taking an as-cast block and finish-machining it to blueprint spec's is at least as difficult as creating the casting itself. Not many shops this side of Roush or NASCAR can do it and I imagine it is not cheap. FWIW- J Deryke