[DeTomaso] Rolling Rear Fender Lips

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 11:04:56 EDT 2014

And definitely use a heat gun when doing this so you don't crack the paint.

FWIW, my body guy just used some pliers to bend the fender lips up on my Mustang, working his way around the top edge of the fender.

He recommended against rolling the lips tightly back against the inside of the fender as shown in the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUv9YPd_0Zc) because it becomes a trap for dirt and moisture which can cause the edge of your fender lip to rust from the inside-out.

The goal is only to fold the lip so it doesn't catch on the tire tread blocks.

   ([1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUv9YPd_0Zc) because it becomes a