[DeTomaso] Rolling Rear Fender Lips

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 21:56:19 EDT 2014

I've finally picked up a set of adjustable upper rear A arms so I can drop
the car a little further and keep the camber correct at the rear.  I suspect
I'll get some interference with the inner lip of the rear fender if I don't
roll it.  I recall a thread many years ago on various ways to do this
yourself without damaging the outer fender.  I have a piece of broom handle
that I was going to start working back and forth while tapping with a
hammer, wheel off of course.

One method I recall was to run such as a broom handle between the tire and
fender and use the tire as leverage.  I won't be dropping it enough for that
as the tire won't be quite that close to the fender.  I suppose another way
would be to install the new A arms, adjust them as close to zero-c as I can
at the desired ride height, then lift the car, remove the coil-over, and
swing the suspension to see if I still have clearance.

Other ideas?

Thanks
Mike Thomas
VP, POCA