[DeTomaso] Headlights don't go up, take II

Dave dave at damardirect.com
Tue Sep 2 17:40:20 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Charlton [mailto:pantera01826 at rogers.com]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 5:25 PM
To: jderyke at aol.com
Cc: detomaso at poca.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Headlights don't go up, take II

If it is properly aligned in the first place, BEFORE removing the headlight bucket from the bracket, it's helpful to drill two "guide holes" through both with a 1/8" drill bit. This will allow you to re-align them exactly on reassembly. On reassembly, use two unused pop rivets dropped post-first (the flange prevents them from dropping through) into the holes to hold things in alignment while the nuts are fastened. Then simply remove the rivets (which remain unused).

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com