[DeTomaso] NPC SEMA

MDBell davidabell at att.net
Tue Oct 28 18:23:02 EDT 2014

Jerry,

I'm sort of in the same situation - I have a 9 year old helmet that I'd like
to replace,.  I was considering an upgrade to a lighter and cooler carbon
fiber version with a removable liner (and washable), and also a HANS device
at the same time.  But I definitely didn't want to buy a new, more expensive
helmet that will technically be 5 years old in only a few months.

I talked to the Bell and Simpson reps at the COTA vintage races a couple of
weekends ago about release dates for the 2015 Snell helmets.  Unfortunately,
both indicated that the 2015 date stamped helmets won't be out until August
or September of next year.  That doesn't bode well for your desire for a new
helmet in time for the Lone Star Fun Rally.

As for me, I'll just continue with my current crusty, dried-sweat
impregnated, faded sticker bejeweled, silver Simpson for another year.

Dave Bell