[DeTomaso] Very exotic Gurney Weslake 351C for sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 01:22:52 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

I got this today from a fellow I don't know named Guy Coldwell.   Don't ask
me any questions, I'm just the messenger.   He wrote:

====

For Sale - Legendary Gurney Weslake 351C Engine

Stunning and exotic Gurney Weslake engine built on a very rare HD
Australian ‘Pillow’ Cleveland block.
This engine has been built with exacting attention to detail making it show
worthy at the highest level, be it in a Ford muscle car, a top level hot
rod, a Cobra or GT40 replica, or a Pantera.   Smoothed block, polished and
ceramic clear coated aluminum and stainless steel components for minimum
maintenance and custom Weber IDA style Electronic Fuel Injection make this engine
a visual feast.   A spectacular engine for the car enthusiast who wants to
stand out from the crowd and which guarantees the WOW factor when opening the
hood.
If you want the extraordinary and insist on the finest, this is for you.
This engine can be crated and
shipped worldwide. Please contact me either by email to guido36 at att.net or
by phone after 9.00 am
PDT 714 425-1136.

====

He sent me a one-page PDF file that had three photos of the engine, along
with a cover from Hot Rod magazine in the 1960s where they showed the new
Gurney Weslake 305 engine.

I can say that this guy's engine has WOW written all over it.   He used to
own a Mangusta BTW....

Cheers!