[DeTomaso] Lower bellhousing to ZF bolts/studs ?????

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 01:40:28 EDT 2014

I'm looking at my ZF and I'm seeing two M10x1.5 studs, nuts and washers
securing my two lower ZF to Bellhousing holes.  I'm hoping this forum can
refresh my memory because the nuts are 17mm hex nuts that were custom ground
down to a 6mm thin-pattern thickness (by yours truly) to provide maximum
clearance for my 10.5" Centerforce clutch.  There are no withness marks on
the clutch housing so obviously these fasteners are not getting in the way.
Is my memory correct that DeTomaso never installed fasteners in these holes?
I belive I added them years ago for added strength.  What have others seen
in their bellhousings?

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505