[DeTomaso] MME? WTF? HAVEN'T YOU GUYS LEARNED YOUR LESSON?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:06:41 EDT 2014

I don¹t think you can say that MME ripped off Tod.

>From what I remember, MME was going to be one of the preferred builders
for Tod¹s block, and he received one of the early blocks.  MME got tired
of waiting for production, and had an aluminum block built on his own that
is to 351C dimensions, and probably stronger, but it doesn¹t look like a
351C block.  You can¹t say that he stole any of Tod¹s engineering, because
Tod¹s 351C block is a copy of Ford¹s block.  What is there to steal?

You could say he is a bad business partner, but that doesn¹t make him a
bad vendor.

I am more concerned about how he handled problems with dissatisfied
customers.  There has been more than one.  Like someone said, every vendor
makes mistakes sooner or later.  How the vendor handles the issues defines
their integrity.

BTW, MME supplied my crank, rods, and pistons.  He did a great job.  He
spent time on the phone with me, and the parts and price were right.