[DeTomaso] MME? WTF? HAVEN'T YOU GUYS LEARNED YOUR LESSON?

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Thu Oct 23 15:40:52 EDT 2014

MME. Always a topic that starts a debate. Myself, I don't know. My MME engine had a failure. After 3 years and 4500 miles. MME's fault? Don't know. Could be someone, including me, overreving it, it goes through 2nd gear so fast you wouldn't believe it. I've put on a revlimiter now. When I had the failure, MME initially clearly tried to protect themselves by not giving any guess as to why it failed, the typical American "don't admit anyting or a lawsuit is coming" response. But when I made it clear I was not blaming them, they were very helpful with parts and advice, parts at almost Summit prices.

Can you really buy a 600hp engine and expect it to live forever? If it had failed within 300 miles, I would be knocking on their door, but after that, I consider it my own risk. And I know it will fail some day, if I'm lucky it'll take a few years.

Worrying of course to read the ripoff stories. But is there any volume engine builder that hasn't got dissatisfied customers? If I were an engine builder I would worry about how the customer treats my engine. Reving when cold, over heating, over reving. When I took delivery of my Pantera, I had to add 3 liters of oil to get it up to the full mark (8 liter pan), can't have been good for it.

Chris, as you describe it you've not been treated fairly, I agree, but there seems to be many customers that have?‎

Would I buy another MME engine? Based on the relationship I have with them now, yes. And frankly, if I ruled out MME, where can I get Cleveland like mine? Who else builds them at this volume? ‎If indeed Buttermore has been ripped off, that would change my mind

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10