[DeTomaso] MME? WTF? HAVEN'T YOU GUYS LEARNED YOUR LESSON?

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:25:23 EDT 2014

 Dear Pantera brethren,
Plus ,and I want to preface this by saying I don't now if it is 100 %
factual. But a little bird told be that MME totally screwed Todd Buttermore
out of years of  his work developing the Cleveland tooling so he could
start re casting improved Cleveland blocks from Iron and aluminum. So this
may or may not be true but I think the spirit of this group and the kind of
men (and women) we are , we wouldn't want to support someone who had
screwed someone who had worked for years  trying to keep the Cleveland
engine alive and provide the Pantera community ( as well as others ) with
an improved Cleveland block. All the other reasons listed are sufficient on
their own merit to make one  loo else where for their engine building
needs, but if the Todd Buttermore part is true there is no consideration
even necessary. I would not do business with someone  who stole years of a
mans work for his own gain. So Again I am not stating this as a fact I am
saying that their is a rumor and if anyone is considering one of MME 's
Titus Blocks (Titus is the brand name MME Cleveland blocks are marketed
under) I would suggest researching the facts.
I consider myself a spiritual man , not necessarily a very religous man .
When I contacted MME in my search for a engine or engine builder I noticed
MME uses in inordinate amount or religious rhetoric in their marketing. If
they are dishonest this makes it even worse because in my boo people who
use religion to foster an image of honorable and honest people who operate
under Christian principles and don't really follow them, they are worse
then people who are just run of the mill crooks. So " *caveat emptor*" In
all business transactions.
Boyd

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM, michael at michaelshortt.com <
michael at michaelshortt.com> wrote:

>    Good feedback and info to share,
>
>    Thx
>
>    On Oct 23, 2014 12:20 PM, "Ed Mendez" <[1]edducati at mac.com> wrote:
>
>      I hear you Chris.
>      :-)
>      > On Oct 22, 2014, at 21:44, [2]clewis at dmn.net wrote:
>      >
>      > I cannot believe that any of you guys are even contemplating
>      giving MME, McKeown Motor Sport Engineering, a single
>      > dollar of your money
>      >
>      >
>      > Here are all the reasons you need not to do business with Mark &
>      Heather Mckeown:
>      >
>      > 1)
>      [3]http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McKeown-Motorsport-engineering-Inc/
>      Waldorf-Maryland-20602/McKeown-Motorsport-
>      >
>      engineering-Inc-Mark-McKeown-We-employed-MME-to-build-a-race-engine-
>      tha-986958
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      2)[4]http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McKeown-Motorsport-Engineering/-W
>      aldorf-Maryland-20604/McKeown-Motorsport-Engineering-
>      > Poor-workmanship-poor-quality-their-work-was-not-what-I-745524
>      >
>      > 3)
>      [5]http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McKeown-Motorsport-Engineering/inte
>      rnet/McKeown-Motorsport-Engineering-MME-Racing-Bad-
>      > Engine-Build-Bad-Business-Practices-Bad-Cu-530310
>      >
>      > My build cost me over $20K.A  It did not even make it 800 miles
>      before catastrophic failure of the valve train.
>      >
>      > Even after Jesel performed a detailed failure analysis and
>      provided a report with microscopic examination of the
>      > failure mode that clearly found the failure was the result of
>      ENGINE BUILDER errors, Mark McKeown would not do anything
>      > to make the situation right.A  He would not stand behind his
>      product in any way.
>      >
>      > I mean they could not even get a set of valve covers right.A  They
>      were delivered with no provision for a breather or
>      > oil fill.A  How was I supposed to get oil into the engine using
>      those valve covers?
>      >
>      > Anyway, I hope to god none of you have to go through what I did.
> [...]
   A Dear Pantera brethren,
   Plus ,and I want to preface this by saying I don't now if it is 100 %
   factual. But a little bird told be that MME totally screwed Todd
   Buttermore out of years ofA  his work developing the Cleveland tooling
   so he could start re casting improved Cleveland blocks from Iron and
   aluminum. So this may or may not be true but I think the spirit of this
   group and the kind of men (and women) we are , we wouldn't want to
   support someone who had screwed someone who had worked for yearsA
   trying to keep the Cleveland engine alive and provide the Pantera
   community ( as well as others ) with an improved Cleveland block. All
   the other reasons listed are sufficient on their own merit to make
   oneA  loo else where for their engine building needs, but if the Todd
   Buttermore part is true there is no consideration even necessary. I
   would not do business with someoneA  who stole years of a mans work for

   On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM, [1]michael at michaelshortt.com