[DeTomaso] MME? WTF? HAVEN'T YOU GUYS LEARNED YOUR LESSON?

clewis at dmn.net clewis at dmn.net
Thu Oct 23 00:44:18 EDT 2014

I cannot believe that any of you guys are even contemplating giving MME, McKeown Motor Sport Engineering, a single
dollar of your money

Here are all the reasons you need not to do business with Mark & Heather Mckeown:

1) http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McKeown-Motorsport-engineering-Inc/Waldorf-Maryland-20602/McKeown-Motorsport-
engineering-Inc-Mark-McKeown-We-employed-MME-to-build-a-race-engine-tha-986958

2)http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McKeown-Motorsport-Engineering/-Waldorf-Maryland-20604/McKeown-Motorsport-Engineering-
Poor-workmanship-poor-quality-their-work-was-not-what-I-745524

3) http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McKeown-Motorsport-Engineering/internet/McKeown-Motorsport-Engineering-MME-Racing-Bad-
Engine-Build-Bad-Business-Practices-Bad-Cu-530310

My build cost me over $20K.  It did not even make it 800 miles before catastrophic failure of the valve train.

Even after Jesel performed a detailed failure analysis and provided a report with microscopic examination of the
failure mode that clearly found the failure was the result of ENGINE BUILDER errors, Mark McKeown would not do anything
to make the situation right.  He would not stand behind his product in any way.

I mean they could not even get a set of valve covers right.  They were delivered with no provision for a breather or
oil fill.  How was I supposed to get oil into the engine using those valve covers?

Anyway, I hope to god none of you have to go through what I did.

Chris Lewis