[DeTomaso] Salvage title

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:57:27 EDT 2014

In Nevada, it's basically the same process but a Salvage Title car cannot be registered for the road, it has to be inspected and then re-issued a "Rebuilt Title".

I don't believe CarFax report older vehicles like Pantera's so probably easier to lose the Salvage title through title washing; going through one of the States that doesn't issue salvage/rebuilt titles so it gets a clean title. This article has a list of those states that don't issue salvage titles http://www.leaseguide.com/cheap-cars/damagedcars/ which if you are 'resident' of you can title the car in to effectively clean the title.

BTW Carfax isn't any guarantee that a car is accident free. I once purchased a Dodge truck that had a clean Carfax, but the insurance company advised me it had been the subject of 3 major claims during it's life. It turned out that not all States/entities report to Carfax and I think they were subject of a Class Action lawsuit at one point. Now the Carfax fine print states "all information reported to Carfax is accurate" not that all information is in their hands or accessible to them.

Julian