[DeTomaso] Fender Rolling

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 16:36:25 EDT 2014

Just remember you only need to roll-under about 30% of the fender lip- the part right in the middle of the opening. If you crank the wheels to the stops in one direction before removing the wheel for your fancy tool, you'll see where the flange needs to be folded back. The Tech Bulletin says to bend the lip about twice what it was from the factory, but I bend them as flat to the inside of the fenders as I can without cracking the paint. Don't want to catch a tire edge and bend the whole fender! Good luck- J DeRyke

   Well...I got new wheels and tires. 17s/18s  I'm sure I'll need to roll
   the fenders some? I've borrowed a Eastman fender rolling tool. So can
   any of you shop owners or body and fender guys give me any tips
   Thanks
   Curt.