[DeTomaso] Turning brake rotors video

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 16:24:34 EDT 2014

 With two-piece brake rotors its ALWAYS a good idea to assemble the parts, torque to specs and touch them up or at least check them as an assembly. All machined things have tolerances and some can negatively add to each other. Turning rotor assemblies on the car is best- spindles and wheel bearings also have tolerances. As you fit the parts together you should notice if a hat doesn't quite fit a rotor so one or the other needs special attention. I'm not in a hurry so I can re-clock a good-fitting hat on a rotor for least run-out or even swap it to a different rotor so less needs to be cut away.
FWIW- J DeRyke (extra careful with steering & brake mods!)