[DeTomaso] Untouched, rusted collectible things

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:18:58 EDT 2014

To restore, or not to restore?  That is the question.
Collectors (investors?) paying incredible sums for rusted piles of
unusable rarities bring about this dilemma.

The question is, do you value more highly the money the object is
worth, or do you value more highly the thing itself?
Granted, some collectible rarities are decayed beyond restoration.
These must be left alone or at least in a state of arrested (slowed)
decay.
But if you value the thing itself over it's monetary value, by all
means restore it, preserve it, add to it's life so that others may
enjoy it far into the future.
There is no doubt in my mind, the thing itself always holds a greater
value than the money it's worth.
Out of thousands made, you only need one museum piece to show us all
how it came out of the factory.  Let the deep-pocketed
collector/investor do it.
Fix them up and have fun with all the other ones!  As I see it, this
is the greater expression of love for the thing.
 Sent using Hushmail
On 16 October, 2014 at 12:53 PM, "Colin Bradshaw"  wrote:Had an
interesting call from a high level car dealer last month offering
£130k for my 1990 GT5S on the basis that I am the one owner from new,
history file on the car kept and that it was in stock condition aside
maintenance repairs. Additionally any old parts were in evidence or
retained available. Gladly I had the mind to keep everything I have
ever taken off the car, even wasted parts and scrap parts like old
sawn out suspension bushes...and every tax disc over 24 consecutive
years.
When I confirmed all was available the suggestion was he may be able
to increase his offer further.

Problem is the Pantera is part of the family and not for sale and
becoming an additional pension plan as time passes.

As Charlie McCall wrote in an earlier mail...kiss your Pantera each
night!
Regards
Colin Bradshaw UK