[DeTomaso] Difference in 'stock' and returned to stock?

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 19:42:55 EDT 2014

FWIW- some originality-freaks will pay extra for a destroyed-but-original paint job on rare cars (and on 200-year-old furniture as well!), so I'd say- Yes, it matters. One is Original which only happens one time, and one is Restored. There is no category called 'returned-to-stock' for those people. One Club member found a 1911 Model T in a barn 3 years ago, and got top dollar because it had never been worked on. It ran- sort of- but wasn't safe to drive; that didn't seem to matter to the buyers that showed up. The mouse nests, rust & corrosion also didn't matter. There are of course a dozen intermediate ownership positions, most of which I don't personally understand.
My 2¢- J DeRyke