[DeTomaso] Sphere-ball lubrication?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 18:22:06 EDT 2014

In a message dated 10/12/14 12 14 47, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> What, if anything, is advised for lubrication purposes on the vendor
> sourced sphere-ball a-arm sway bar fittings that use the round white plastic
> ball, most likely machined from Delrin?

Years ago, Dennis Quella used to recommend NAPA or Permatex silver
anti-seize.

I took note of the fact that poly suspension bushings are normally sold
with a tiny tube of dedicated bushing lube.   That lube is available in a much
larger tube from NAPA stores.   It's got a stupid name (Sil-Glyde) and is
packaged for them by the manufacturer, AGS.

Here is the OEM packaging:

http://www.agscompany.com/lubricants/automotive/168

Available at O'Reilly:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/AGS0/SG4/N0411.oap?ck=Search_N0411_
-1_-1&pt=N0411&ppt=C0139

And the NAPA version:

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Lubricant-Multi-Pur
pose-Sil-Glyde-Lubricates-Prevents-Sticking-On-Rubber-Metal-Wood-Plastic/_/R
-BK_7651351_0434860703

A little bit goes a long way--one tube will last a lifetime!