[DeTomaso] Pantera Windshield Supplier

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 18:22:03 EDT 2014

In a message dated 10/12/14 14 39 42, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> We turned to Mike Drew for help and he recommended the Italian factory.
>

>>>Here is the source; this is the original gasket manufacturer that has
been making them for De Tomaso since new:

http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it/index.php?option=com_content&
view=article&id=227:pantera-1970-89&catid=29:detomaso&Itemid=24&lang=en

It's unfortunate that USA vendors apparently attempted to get a company to
adapt a windshield gasket intended for another car, to fit the Pantera.
Those gaskets are cheaper, but it's nauseating when you open the box and find
that they come with instructions telling you how to cut the gasket into four
pieces, and also trim it all the way around its circumference, in order to
actually fit on a Pantera.   Even then it doesn't work worth a crap.

The Euro unit is more expensive and just drops right into place.   Because
you're not paying somebody hours and hours of labor to modify the crappy
one, at the end of the day, not only is it right, it's also less expensive.

Roland Jackel carries the Good Stuff and he is a viable source for them as
well.   There you have the advantage of dealing with a friend, so there are
no language barriers etc.

As for the windshield itself, I no longer know where to turn.   I've heard
of people who recently bought new windshields from previously reliable
suppliers, only to find that they varied greatly from the original dimensions,
enough that the glass actually had to be trimmed to fit?