[DeTomaso] Pantera Windshield Supplier

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 17:39:23 EDT 2014

 I don't know about a windshield supplier but the gasket that can be purchased from the factory in Italy is the only way to go.  I can't remember the name of the factory but I know that Mike Drew knows (he's the one that pointed me in that direction).

I had my windshield and gasket replaced two years ago by Cory Gehling.  He sold me one of the last windshields he had in stock but he ordered a gasket from Wilkinson.

The next spring after the windshield was installed, on my drive to the Phoenix fun rally, I noticed that the gasket had split in the lower corner on the passenger side  I could see the red paint showing through split.

When I got back from Phoenix I called Cory and he said he would replace the gasket.  He had purchased several new gaskets from Wilkinson because he had three windshields to install for different customers.  When he removed my windshield he said the gasket had split in two other corners as well.

When he tried to put a new gasket on my windshield the gasket split in the corner.  He tried another new gasket and it also split.  He took some measurements on the gaskets and found the rubber to be too hard.  The rubber on the new gaskets was harder that a 30 year old gasket he had in his attic.  We turned to Mike Drew for help and he recommended the Italian factory.

Cory said the Italian gaskets went on the windshields with no problem.

Tom
5186

   Hey, folks, I would appreciate your input on the best supplier for a
   new windshield and gasket.  A friend of mine needs one and wants to
   know the best sources to get a "genuine" product and not some knock
   off.
   Thanks.
   Dick Koch - Atlanta