[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 124, Issue 10

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sun Oct 12 04:02:14 EDT 2014

Another option would be to put the air-to-oil cooler in the return line from sump to tank and place the oil cooler in front of the water radiator. That way the long lines won't affect engine oil pressure and the cooler can be really efficient. I know it's not optimal to have the air/oil mix in the cooler but I'd do it anyway for the added airflow. If you insist on putting it in front of the rear wheel I suggest laying it flat "on its face". Air flows naturally from below the car, up through the fender and out through the rear deck lid hole. Remember though, if the cooler is not shrouded it will dissipate heat with only a fraction of its capacity. A final word: I suggest installing an oil temp gauge to monitor the situation before even installing an oil cooler.

Tomas