[DeTomaso] Will Pantera prices follow Mangusta prices?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 09:38:35 EDT 2014

Just to correct some information - there were 187 cars built between the
first GT5-S and the last one. If 100% of the cars built were GT5-S's, the
maximum number would be 187. But we know that they built some GTS, some GT5,
etc, so the number will be less. The Amerisport cars are included in the
187. If I had to guess, I'd say that there were 155-160 GT5-S cars built,
but we'll never know unless all of them are recorded in the Registry.

*******
An unrelated recent article mentioned that only 187 GT5-S factory cars (plus
maybe 50 Amerisports from Kirk Evans) were ever built. And I know of a few
that were wrecked bad enough to be scrapped. I've never cunted up the number
listed in Peter Havlik's 9000-series Registry. But with less than 250 ever
built, rarity counts!
J DeRyke