[DeTomaso] 295-5-15 Avon Tyres Order Info. Michael Shortt Group Buy

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:54:53 EDT 2014

Oh well, no big deal.  Not a huge savings anyway.  Thanks for trying
Michael.
 Sent using Hushmail
On 9 October, 2014 at 5:18 AM, michael at michaelshortt.com wrote:I'm
angry because NOW the only way it would work is if in TWO DAYS, I
would
have to magically collect all the money from all of you, then pay him
as
opposed to him taking your individual  orders and collecting from each
of
you ( (with your various front tire sizes and other selections).
Logistically impossible for me OR I could just buy 50 tires at 450.00
each
plus shipping and tie up $25,000 and sell them to all of you at a loss
(
double shipping) and with zero mark up.

As I said when I contacted him for a "Group" buy, not a "Michael" Buy.

He changed the rules.

You are welcome to write that check, I'm not.

Michael
On Oct 8, 2014 11:50 PM, "Asa Jay Laughton"  wrote:

> [...]
>
> You tell us he's willing to do a group buy.
> You tell us he's filling a container, NOW, and that we'd better
hurry if
> we want in on it.
>
> A "group" buy typically intimates more than one person buying.  If
> you're the only person to "buy" before the container is filled, then
> it's not really a "group" buy, unless someone pays for it all up
front.

> It seems to me he's pretty much saying the same thing.  Either the
buy
> needs to be made for the quantity necessary for the "group" discount
or
> there is no group buy.  If you are the only person so far stepping
up to
> pay for a set, then he's looking to you to pay for the rest if you
want
> the discount and you'll have to sell them.
>
> Personally, if I were a tire manufacturer making low quantities of
> specialized tires, I wouldn't offer the group buy price to anything
> other than a specific size tire either, so the suggestion that
people
> should be able to pick and choose and still get the same discount is
> probably unrealistic for this guy.
>
> Sounds to me like he's just making sure he doesn't get burned in
this deal.

> ... OR, you somehow connected with a -scammer-.  Take your pick.
> Asa  Jay
>
> Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
> & Shelley Marie
> Spokane, WA
> ******************************
> http://www.racingagainstautism.com
> http://www.teampanteraracing.com
> http://facebook.com/racingagainstautism
>

> On 10/8/2014 8:32 PM, michael at michaelshortt.com wrote:
> >    I must sadly share that the distributor is being a first class
dick.
> >    Please do not use the previous information and buy anything
from this
> >    wad.A  Unless I write a check for 25 sets in advance and sell
them in
> >    the next 2 days, he is now unwilling to honor the group
discount.
> >    Avon can bite my @#$,
> >    Michael Shortt
> >
> >    On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:47 PM, [1]michael at michaelshortt.com
> >     wrote:
> >
> >    The container is being loaded now at Avon, I would email the
guy in my
> >    email and ask, it couldn't hurt.
> >    Michael
> >
> >    On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Julian Kift
> >     wrote:
> >
> >      A  A Is this deal specifically for the CR6ZZ or can I get a
> >      discounted set
> >      A  A of Dunlop CR82?
> >      A  A Julian
> >      A  A From: [4]michael at michaelshortt.com
> >      A  A Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:41:08 -0400
> >      A  A To: [5]detomaso at poca.com
> >      A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] 295-5-15 Avon Tyres Order Info.
Michael
> >      Shortt
> >      A  A Group Buy
> >
> >    Please contact Dave at the email below for payment
instructions, etc.
> >    A Ask for the "MIchael Shortt Group Buy"
> >    You need to do it this week, their container leaves the UK the
first
> >    part
> >    of next week.
> >    295-50-15 CR6ZZ tyres at approx $448.00 each plus shipping of
around
> >    $30
> >    per tire
> >    (Cont 48 avg).
> >    A [6]dave at sascosports.com
> >    Enjoy your tires,
> >    Michael
> >    Michael L. Shortt
> >    Savannah, Georgia
> >    [7]www.michaelshortt.com
> >    [8]michael at michaelshortt.com
> >    [9]912-232-9390
> >    This email is protected by the Electronic Communications
Privacy
> >    Act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be
legally
> >    privileged.A  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby
> >    notified
> >    that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this
> >    communication is strictly prohibited.A  Please reply to the
sender
> that
> >    you
> >    have received this message in error, then delete it.A  Thank
you

> >      A  A _______________________________________________ Detomaso
Forum
> >      Managed
> >      A  A by POCA DeTomaso mailing list [10]DeTomaso at poca.com
> >
> >    --
> >    Michael L. Shortt
> >    Savannah, Georgia
> >    [14]www.michaelshortt.com
> >    [15]michael at michaelshortt.com
> >    [16]912-232-9390
> >    This email is protected by the Electronic Communications
Privacy
> >    Act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be
legally
> >    privileged.A  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby
> >    notified
> >    that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this
> >    communication is strictly prohibited.A  Please reply to the
sender
> that
> >    you
> >    have received this message in error, then delete it.A  Thank
you

> >    --
> >    Michael L. Shortt
> >    Savannah, Georgia
> >    [17]www.michaelshortt.com
> >    [18]michael at michaelshortt.com
> >    912-232-9390
> >    This email is protected by the Electronic Communications
Privacy
> >    Act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be
legally
> >    privileged.A  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby
> >    notified
> >    that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this
> >    communication is strictly prohibited.A  Please reply to the
sender
> that
> >    you
> >    have received this message in error, then delete it.A  Thank
you

> > References
> >
> >    1. mailto:michael at michaelshortt.com
> >    2. mailto:michael at michaelshortt.com