[DeTomaso] 295-5-15 Avon Tyres Order Info. Michael Shortt Group Buy

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Oct 8 23:49:47 EDT 2014

Okay, so I don't get your anger.

You tell us he's willing to do a group buy.
You tell us he's filling a container, NOW, and that we'd better hurry if
we want in on it.

A "group" buy typically intimates more than one person buying.  If
you're the only person to "buy" before the container is filled, then
it's not really a "group" buy, unless someone pays for it all up front.

It seems to me he's pretty much saying the same thing.  Either the buy
needs to be made for the quantity necessary for the "group" discount or
there is no group buy.  If you are the only person so far stepping up to
pay for a set, then he's looking to you to pay for the rest if you want
the discount and you'll have to sell them.

Personally, if I were a tire manufacturer making low quantities of
specialized tires, I wouldn't offer the group buy price to anything
other than a specific size tire either, so the suggestion that people
should be able to pick and choose and still get the same discount is
probably unrealistic for this guy.

Sounds to me like he's just making sure he doesn't get burned in this deal.

... OR, you somehow connected with a -scammer-.  Take your pick.
Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA