[DeTomaso] AVON tires

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 11:22:07 EDT 2014

Mike said ..

Recognize that these are classic RACE tires, and come with a host of drawbacks.
Besides their high cost and short lifespan, they are a    decidedly 'vintage' tire
in terms of their tread pattern, and I would be a bit skeptical about their performance
in the wet (Avon's claims notwithstanding).  Your paint would also likely take a pretty good
beating as they picked up every rock and pebble and flung them into your bodywork.

The  reason I took notice of the Avon tires was because I read a comment from someone on either a Corvette forum or Superformance forum
that the tires had excellent wet and dry adhesion but did not cover themselves with rocks like other race tires.  They also said that it looked
like the tire would last 10,000 miles.

That is why I questioned if anybody put them on their Pantera to validate if these claims were true.

Tom
5186