[DeTomaso] Michelin to offer 15" tires again

DtomasoCat at aol.com DtomasoCat at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 09:42:05 EDT 2014

To those of you following the Avon tire thread,

The latest issue (October 2014) of EVO (British Car Magazine) there is  an
advertisement for Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires which reads in part:

"The Pilot Sport Cup 2 is available in a range of sizes from 21 inches all
the way down to 17-inch fitments.  Following the tyre's launch, there will
be an increasing availability for smaller wheel sizes down to 15 inches,
enabling Michelin to cater for many popular trackday cars."

I don't know what the compound specifics/width's are with these tires but
as someone who has run Michelin Pilot Sports for many years, I can say that
Michelin builds a fantastic tire.  It might be a good time to have a write
in campaign to lobby for Pantera tire sizes as Michelin begins to ramp up
production of the 15" tires.

So there may be more choices than just Avon soon.

Jim Demick
Panteras of New Mexico